Sunday 13 November 2011

HARVEST TIME IN RED DEER - OCT 2011

Perhaps, it's the fact that I grew up on a farm; for whatever reason, harvest still excites me.  There is nothing I love more than the smell of grain dust in the air; clouds of it billowing out from under combines in every direction; a big orange moon casting a glow over the earth; the taste of a homecooked meal delivered to the field.  It's a lot of hard work but it's the kind of work that soothes the soul.  How fortunate we are that a couple of very talented people decided to share their world and how especially fortunate for me that the director is part of a family  that has always been a part of the fabric that makes up my world.  Well done, my friends. . . well done!

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed the video because it took me back to the days when I was helping my mother-in-law take meals out to the field at harvest time. The Autumn colors and the dust from the combines were a wonderful sight!

    ReplyDelete